Usually I am fairly confident in everyday events, but today found me facing a banker and going through the process of remortgaging my house, which, for me is almost as daunting as jumping out of an airplane. As usual, I forgot to pray before embarking on this endeavor, so there I was, shooting up a last-minute emergency 'Help me, God' prayer! The banker was absolutely speaking in tongues! ...financial tongues with indecipherable words that might spell doom if I should happen to misunderstand. I knew that I would be signing on a dotted line for something today, and I had better know for what!
Right after the prayer left my lips, I was suddenly able to take a deep breath and feel a sense of calm spreading over me. The banker's scrawl of figures swam into an order I could understand, and his jabberwocky started to make sense. I did go ahead and sign on the dotted line.
No comments:
Post a Comment