![]() |
| Wise Words to Remember |
"Keep the lights on Mom! I'm scared!" She'd never been afraid of the dark before so we questioned her.
It turned out that at the party, someone decided to tell ghost stories, took the children downstairs in the dark, and showed them "real ghosts" in a mirror. Convincing all of the kids the home was haunted.
I grabbed my Bible and began reading her verses on God's protection and having no fear. Being encouraged, she got out her Post-It notes and began writing verses and her interpretations of them, then placed them around her room.
With her verses all around, she felt peace and said, "Okay mom, you can turn off the lights now." As quickly as I did, I heard, "Wait! Now I can't see my verses!" After laughing, I remembered, this is why we not only need to have His Word written on our Post-It's, but on our hearts. Only then can we have courage and peace in the dark.

This is a beautiful story... beautiful because I know it is true! You are doing a lovely job with your little girls! God Bless You! MA
ReplyDelete